Make up brushes can hold a lot of bacteria within the bristles which can exacerbate skin conditions such as acne. To avoid this and maintain the original softness of the brush, regularly wash your brushes by following these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and then rinse the brush in warm water.
- Place a very small amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand and lather the bristles.
- Rinse again in warm water ensuring that all shampoo has been removed. Repeat shampoo process if necessary.
- Rinse thoroughly (NEVER soak the brushes as the wooden handles may damage).
- Reshape the bristles and stand upright to dry.